3. Acceptable Use
Our mission is to help our customers succeed online by providing the best managed WordPress web hosting service available. To accomplish this mission, we have established some terms and conditions that we feel are necessary to support this goal. In some cases, this includes terms and conditions that may not be required by some of our competitors. If you do not agree to these terms, we respectfully ask that you discontinue and refrain from using our Services. We’re sorry.
3.1 Lawful Purposes
3.1.1. You agree to use our Services for lawful purposes only as defined by the laws of the province of British Columbia and Canada.
3.2. Account Access
3.2.1. Maintaining a secure account is your responsibility. This includes maintaining the confidentiality and security of your username, email address, and password (collectively, “Access Credentials”). Any and all activity that occurs under from within your account will be considered done by you and you will bear sole responsibility for that activity. Advanced WP shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from or otherwise related to your failure to maintain control over your Access Credentials, whether due to you or your own negligence or for any other reason. We recommend changing your passwords periodically and avoid simple passwords (ex. “pass1234”).
3.2.2. In the event that you forget your password, you can recover it by using the “Lost your password?” link at the bottom of our login page. We’ll send a password reset link to the primary email address we have on file for you.
3.3. Using Our Services
3.3.1. Our Services have been specifically configured to host typical personal, business, and ecommerce websites that are powered by WordPress. They are limited in disk space, bandwidth, memory, and other computing resources. In the event these limitations are exceeded or your usage presents a risk to the stability, performance, or uptime of our infrastructure, you may be required to upgrade your hosting plan, or we may take action to restrict the resources your website is utilizing.
3.3.2. WordPress is a wonderful open source community. But with any community, there are sometimes less than desirable neighbours. We recommend customers take extra care when choosing themes and plugins and whenever possible, utilize commercially-supported plugins that are developed and maintained by reputable developers. We reserve the right to deactivate, uninstall, or block any software, themes, plugins, and/or extensions that are found or deemed to pose a security threat or create a disruption to our service.
3.3.3. You acknowledge and agree that as a normal course of business, it may be necessary for us to migrate our servers. As a result, the IP address assigned to your server may change. Except in rare cases, we do not manage zone files on behalf of clients and IP address changes may cause disruptions and outages to websites that are improperly configured.
3.4. Usage Conditions
3.4.1. Our Services are provided to host WordPress websites only.
3.4.2. Our Services may not be used to display, post, propagate, upload, download, transmit, transfer, disseminate, distribute, reproduce, sell, link to, or facilitate access to any Content or website that, in our judgement:
- Promotes illegal activities, or is unlawful, threatening, obscene, abusive, harassing, defamatory, slanderous, libellous, or hateful;
- Promotes, encourages, or engages in terrorism, self harm, or violence against people, animals, or property;
- Contains material that is pornographic, sexually explicit, obscene, or violent in nature;
- Contains any malware, including, but not limited to, software viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs or any other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, impair or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, telecommunications equipment or other device or equipment;
- Displays private or confidential information, including, but not limited to, credit card information, social security number, private telephone number, addresses, email addresses, and/or access credentials;
- Infringes on any right of any person or party, including, but not limited to a person’s or party’s right to privacy or intellectual property rights;
- Is designed to function as a torrent, file sharing, or “tor” server, regardless of what content is being shared;
- Is designed or used to commit or facilitate any “phishing” attack, or used to hack or break into a remote system;
- Is setup to function as an open http proxy, bitcoin mining, URL shortener validator, or machine learning system;
- Is designed or used to exploit, extract or otherwise gather any content or information from our systems, including, but not limited to, incorporating data from our system into any email or directory products or services, whether browser-based, based on proprietary client-site applications, web-based, or otherwise;
- Is designed or used to reverse engineer, hack into, invade or otherwise gain unauthorized access into any of our systems, communications devices or resources, or any other systems, communications devices or resources (including, but not limited to security probing activities or other attempts to evaluate the security integrity of a network or host system without permission); or,
- Is setup as a topsite; IRC scripts, bots, or servers; proxy scripts or anonymizers; image hosting scripts; AutoSurf/PTC/PTS/PPC sites; IP scanners; bruteforce programs, scripts, or applications; banner ad services; file dump, sharing, or mirroring websites, commercial audio or video streaming (more than one or two streams); escrow, bank, or trading programs; high-yield interest programs or related sites; investment, bitcoin, foreign exchange, ponzi, multi-level marketing, or pyramid scheme sites; sale of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permits; prime banks programs; lottery or gambling sites; gaming server systems; hacker focused sites, archives, programs; fraudulent sites; push button mail scripts; broadcast or streaming of live sporting events or news; referral scripts; anonymous or bulk text message (SMS) gateways; websites advertised via SPAM (“Spamvertised”); short term or payday loan sites, affiliate programs management or aggregators, mailer pros, or any organization, entities or websites listed in the ROKSO database.
3.4.3. You agree not to use our Services to send unsolicited bulk email messages, whether sales messages, company newsletters, or SPAM. To be clear, we don’t allow spamming via any of our Services and our Services are not intended for mass emailing of any kind. We may limit outbound emails if necessary. We recommend clients utilize enterprise email solutions such as Google G-Suite and Microsoft Office 365.
3.4.4. You agree not to use our Services as a remote storage, file server, or media file server of any kind. We may limit bandwidth and disk space if necessary. We recommend clients utilize enterprise file sharing solutions such as Google Cloud Storage, Amazon S3, Google Drive, Apple iCloud, Microsoft OneDrive, and/or Dropbox for file sharing and YouTube, Vimeo, and/or VideoPress for video hosting.
3.4.5. Your use of our Services may require acceptance of third party license agreements, which are hereby incorporated by reference.
3.5. Termination of Services
3.5.1. You acknowledge and agree that upon expiration or termination of your account, you must discontinue use of the Services, including pointing your domain name(s) away from our servers. You are solely responsible for moving your Content off our servers prior to closing your Account. Failure to do so will result in the loss of said Content. We will not migrate or transfer your Content to another provider.